Edward T. "Ted" Prentice oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Prentice's experiences: work with the Forest Service prior to enlistment; being promoted to PFC three times before being "busted" twice; encounter with a coral snake in Tex.; service time in Italy and trip to Paris, France after the war.
- Check date
- Prentice, Edward T.,1925- (Person)
- Prentice, Edward T., 1925- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Edward T. "Ted" Prentice was born in Kan. on May 30, 1925 and enlisted in the Army at Ft. Leavenworth, Kan. on September 24, 1943. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed four years of high school. Prentice joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to the 90th Infantry Regiment, but later transferred to Company K of the 85th Infantry Regiment, and also served with Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion of the 85th. Company He recieved two Bronze Star medals for his actions at Mt. Della Spe in March 1945, and at Castel D'Aiano on April 14, 1945. Prentice attained the rank of Private First Class.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Produced as part of the Western History/Genealogy Dept. Oral History Project. (if applicable, check inventory)
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Prentice, Edward T., 1925- -- Interviews.
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Edward T. "Ted" Prentice oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States