Gilpin County, Colo. voting records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains poll book, registers of electors for precincts in Nevadaville, Colo.
- Check date
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Gilpin County (Colo.).Clerk and Recorder's Office. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Gilpin County was formed in 1861, while Colo. was still a territory. Located in a mountainous part of north-central Colo., it was named after Colonel William Gilpin, the first Territorial Governor. The area was famous during the 19th century for gold discoveries and mining. County seat is located at Central City.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Gilpin County (Colo.) -- Voting. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gilpin County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder's Office -- Archival resources.
- Nevadaville (Colo.) -- Voting. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Registers (lists) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Voters' lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Voting -- Colorado -- Gilpin County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Gilpin County, Colo. voting records,1895-1903[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script