Mary Gertrude Banta Letter to James Y. Banta, January 16, 1963
Scope and Contents
Collection contains an account of Banta family history and genealogy. Miss Banta's father Daniel traveled to Colorado from Indiana by wagon in 1860s. Homesteaded and farmed in Central City area. Moved to Denver ca. 1877.
- January 16, 1963
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Mary Banta was a Denver, Colo. resident. B. Aug. 16, 1876 near Central City, Colo. D. November 1966; Denver, Colo.
1 envelope(s) (1 leaf)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase; Mrs. George Blossom; 1968.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Colorado -- Central City. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Mary Gertrude Banta Letter to James Y. Banta, January 16, 1963
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script