William W. Boddington oral history
Scope and Contents
Boddington talks about his childhood, his family, skiing, and participation in the Olympics. He also discusses in detail World War II breaking out, basic training, joining the mountain ski troops, going to Italy and participating in some of the key fighting of the 10th Mountain Division. After detailing his experiences during the war he talks about coming home and about the beginning of the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division. An epilogue by the interviewer tells of the death of Mr. Boddington which happened shortly after the interviews took place.
- Boddington, William W.,1910-1996. (Person)
- Romano, Frank Jr., (Person)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born 1910, Jersey City, New Jersey. Member of the United States Ice Hockey Team (1932, 1936). Captain with the 86th Infantry, Company A, 10th Mountain Division during World War II. Saw action in Italy. Awarded two Bronze stars.
3 sound cassettes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Colonel Frank Romano, Jr., 1996.
Audio files digitized through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by Colonel Frank Romano, Jr.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Boddington, William W., 1910-1996 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the William W. Boddington oral history[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script