Harris Dusenbery oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Dusenbery's experiences: early life; training at Camp Hale, Colo.; D-Series maneuvers, combat experiences in Italy.
- Check date
- Dusenbery, Harris. (Person)
- Kealy, Abbie, (Person)
- Dusenbery, Harris, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Harris Dusenbery was born on February 26, 1914 in Roundup, Mont. He received a B.A. in Political Science from Reed College, Portland Or. (1936) and enlisted in the Army on September 18, 1943 at Portland, Or. Dusenbery joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and served with Company C, and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 86th Infantry Regiment. Trained as a rifleman, and later served as a scout, he was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his actions during the Apennines and Po River campaigns in Spring 1945. He wrote three books about his service with the 10th Mountain Division: The North Apennines and Beyond with the 10th Mountain Division (1998); Ski the High Trail (with Wilson P. Ware, 1991) and Diary of a Tenth Mountain Division Soldier in Italy self published in the late 1940ʹs.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dusenbery, Harris -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Harris Dusenbery oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States