Stanley C. Heidenreich oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Heidenreich's experiences: crossing the Po River to Lake Garda; getting German soldiers out of a tunnel; interdependence the military had; staying in a Italian hotel that had formerly been used as a German medical station; trip to Venice at the end of the war.
- Check date
- Heidenreich, Stanley C.,1925-2011. (Person)
- Heidenreich, Stanley C., 1925-2011, (Person)
- Kealy, Abbie, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Stanley C. Heidenreich was born in N.Y. on June 22, 1925 and enlisted in the Army on September 7, 1943 at Albany, N.Y. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed four years of high school. Heidenreich joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to the 10th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, but later served with Company G of the 86th Mountain Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Heidenreich received a Bronze Star medal for his actions at Torbole on April 28, 1945. He died in Schenectady, N.Y. on April 28, 1945.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Heidenreich, Stanley C., 1925-2011 -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Stanley C. Heidenreich oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script