Harold B. Lumm oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Lumm's experiences: German surrender at a farm house about 5 miles from the Po River; Italian town where Germans killed American soldiers with American or white flags; American air force retaliation against the town, killing civilians.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Harold Lumm was born in Pontiac, Mich. on April 20, 1919 and joined the 10th Mountain Division in Italy where he was assigned to Company L of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy, he was wounded in action on March 24, 1945 near Pra del Bianco.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lumm, Harold G., 1919- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Harold B. Lumm oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script