Robert Drennan oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Drennan's experiences and being a member of the 10th Mountain Division for only a short period of time. The bulk of the interview concerns Drennan's role with the 120th Medical Evacuation Hospital; condition of and care for sick and dying concentration camp prisoners; Buchenwald concentration camp; role of Dachau; scattering of prisoners over southeast Bavaria.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert M. Drennan was born in the District of Columbia on January 17, 1924 and enlised in the Army on March 11, 1943 at Fort Devens, Mass. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working as an actor. Drennan joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Companies A, G, and F of the 86th Infantry Regiment and also served with Company K of the 90th Infantry Regiment. He later transferred to the 120th Medical Evacuation Hospital and while serving in Europe provided medical care for inmates from the concentration camps of Dachau and Buchenwald.
1 sound discs
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Drennan, Robert M., 1924- -- Interviews.
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert Drennan oral history,1987[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script