Dale E. Alwine oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations by Alwine about basic training and his "D" series training at Camp Hale. He also describes landing at Naples, and his transfer to Vidiciatico, where he stayed in an Italian Dr.'s house. He further discusses the ascent up Riva Ridge, Po Valley, Lake Garda and the DUKW.
- Check date
- Alwine, Dale E.,1924- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Dale Alwine was born on July 21, 1924 and enlisted in the Army at Harrisburg, Pa. on April 27, 1943. At the time of enlistment he as unmarried and had completed four years of high school. Alwin joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company A, later with Headquarters Company of the 1st Battalion of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Alwine was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his actions in the Apennines and Po River battles. He attained the rank of Technician, Grade 5.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Alwine, Dale E., 1924- -- Interviews.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Dale E. Alwine oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script