Pierre Delfausse oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Delfausse's assignment to the 10th Mountain Division because he listed skiing as a sport he participated in on a questionnaire at Ft. Dix, N.J., deployment to Italy, being an S-5 Sergeant during the assault on Belvedere, injury in Italy and being sent back to the U.S. before the end of the war, finding a chest containing German payroll in Italian lire, Bocci family.
- Check date
- Delfausse, Pierre,1917- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Pierre Delfausse was born in Woodhaven, N.Y. on January 10, 1917 and enlisted in the Army at Newark, N.J. on April 5, 1943. At the time of enlistment, he was married, had completed four years of high school, and working in the toy design and manufacturing industry. Delfausse joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company M of the 86th Infantry Regiment, but also served with Company B and Headquarters Company of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Delfausse, Pierre, 1917- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Pierre Delfausse oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script