Gerald Q. Nash oral history
Identifier: C MSS OH341
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Nash's experiences: early years; training at Camp Hale and skiing; combat experiences around Lake Garda; on subsequent trips to Italy he visits a house were he stayed; four of his brothers were also in various military units during WWII.
- Check date
- Nash, Gerald Q.,1923- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Gerald Q. Nash was born in Nashua, N.H. on October 6, 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Manchester, N.H. on September 2, 1943. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed three years of high shool. Nash volunteered for the 10th Mountain Division and received his basic training at Ft. Bragg, N.C. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Battery A of the 605th Field Artillery Battalion. Nash also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. He received the Bronze Star medal for his actions at the Apennines and Po River campaigns in Spring 1945. Nash has also been active with the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, serving as chairman of the 1975 and 1980 national reunions.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nash, Gerald Q., 1923- -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 605th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Gerald Q. Nash oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script