James Richard Rogers oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Rogers' experiences: being wounded at Mount della Torraccia and enemy fire; being transported to a medical station and conditions there; working for McDonald Douglas after the war.
- Check date
- Rogers, James R.(James Richard),1926- (Person)
- Rogers, James R. (James Richard), 1926- (Person)
- Kealy, Abbie, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
James Richard Rogers was born in Ark. on January 25, 1926 and enlisted in the Army on June 7, 1944 at Camp Joseph T. Robinson in Little Rock, Ark. At the time of his enlistment Rogers was unmarried, had completed three years of high school and working as a tinsmith. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Came Swift, Tex. where he was assigned to Company E of the 87th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy, Rogers was wounded in action at Mount della Torraccia on February 22, 1945.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;James R. Rogers;2004.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rogers, James R. (James Richard), 1926- -- Interviews.
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the James Richard Rogers oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script