Edward J. "Ted" Little oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Little's experiences: personal interest in the 10th Mountain Division while in high school, being drafted and applying for the division, letters of recommendation; personal experiences at Camp Hale and Camp Swift; conditions on the USS West Point; nights spent digging fox holes while being shelled by German 88mm artillery at Belvedere; patrols and final experiences at Mount della Spe.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Edward J. "Ted" Little Jr. was born in Or. on June 30, 1924 and enlisted in the Army on July 24, 1943 at Portland, Or. At the time of his enlistment, he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school, and working as a traffic man on the railroad. Little joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company E of the 85th Infantry. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy, and attained the rank of Sergeant..
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Little, Edward J., Jr. 1924- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Edward J. "Ted" Little oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script