Nicholas J. Mueller oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Mueller's experiences: arrival at Camp Hale and difficulty with the altitude; mules and the "D" series; time in Italy and mathematical calculations used to adjust target distances; slides rules for calculating; laying telephone lines; Bruce Devens was the best soldier he had ever known; never being in close proximity to danger.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Nicholas J. Mueller was born in Danzig, Germany on January 22, 1925 and enlisted in the Army on July 15, 1943 at New York City, N.Y. At the time of his enlistment he was umarried, and had completed three years of high school. Mueller received his basic training at Ft. Bragg, N.C., and joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Battery A of the 604th Field Artillery Battalion, and later served with 604th Headquarters. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Mueller attained the rank of Technician Grade 4.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 604th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- person interviewed (as in 100), date -- Interviews.
- Finding Aid for the Nicholas J. Mueller oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script