Big Lake Land and Irrigation Company Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains articles of incorporation, board of directors minutes, correspondence.
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Big Lake Land and Irrigation Company (Colorado Springs, Colo.). (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Irrigation company based in Colorado Springs, Colo. Purpose was to purchase or lease water and ditch rights, maintain pipe lines, flumes and ditches. Principal business occurred in Grand County, Colo. The first board consisted of J.D. Nifong, R.P. Bache, Ira Harris, Ira A. Miller and H.G. Crumpler. By 1912, Board members included: W. H. Leonard, Frank M. McMahon, H.K. Devereux, J.H. Devereux and James Dilts.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Big Lake Land and Irrigation Company (Colorado Springs, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Irrigation -- Colorado -- Colorado Springs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Irrigation -- Colorado -- Grand County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- Colorado -- Grand County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States