Denver Veteran Volunteer Firemen's Association Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains constitution and bylaws, incorporation papers, membership lists, minutes and other association records. Also includes fire fighting and personal reminiscences of chiefs W.E. Roberts and H.M. Sarwash; scrapbook and other material about early volunteer days of the Denver Fire Dept.
- Roberts, William E., 1858-1944. (Person)
- Sarwash, Henry M. (Person)
- Denver Veteran Volunteer Firemen's Association. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Denver, Colo. association of fire fighters who served in volunteer units of the Denver Fire Department. Organized Dec. 1, 1895; incorporated June 17, 1896.
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, various sources, undated.
- Denver (Colo.). Fire Department -- Archival resources.
- Denver Veteran Volunteer Firemen's Association.
- Fire fighters -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description