Richard C. Over Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photographs of Colo. Ski Hall of Fame ceremony, statue at Fort Drum, NY, and Camp Hale, Colo. (1944, 1999, 2013), personal papers (1976), military records (1940s), ephemera, and magazine article (2010).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Richard C. Over was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania March 22, 1924, the son of Harry E. and Marie C. Over. He completed four years of high school before enlisting in the Army on April 12, 1943 in Pittsburgh. Richard Over served with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and Camp Swift, Texas before being selected for the Army warrant officer program. Following the War, Over received a degree in electro-mechanical engineering. Throughout his career he served as a physical metallurgist, college instructor, director of marketing and director of advertising services.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Richard Over; 1985, 2010.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Over, Richard C., 1924- -- Archives.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richard C. Over Papers
- Keli Schmid
- September 18, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script