Clarence F. "Con" Dorsch Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Dorsch's honorable discharge; separation qualification record; military papers (1943-1946); copies of newspaper clippings (1944-1945); b/w photos of Camp Hale, South Pacific (1943-1945); Basic field manual and soldier's handbook (1941); A prayer book for soldiers and sailors by Church pension fund (1943).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Clarence F. Dorsch was born August 24, 1923 in Revloc, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Ebensburg Cambria High School in 1943 just prior to enlisting in the Army June 8, 1943 at Altoona, Pennsylvania. Dorsch was assigned to the 90th Infantry Regiment at Camp Hale, Colorado and served with Company C. Dorsch departed Camp Hale with the 90th on February 18, 1944. He later served with Company L, 132nd Infantry Regiment in the Pacific Theater of Operations. He earned the Combat Infantryman Badge and was wounded in action March 26, 1945. Dorsch passed away August 22, 2008.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Connie Kostelnik; 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dorsch, Clarence F., 1923-2008 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clarence F. "Con" Dorsch Papers
- Keli Schmid
- July 28, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script