The rise and fall of Dr. John Galen Locke
Scope and Contents
Interviews with Ray Humphreys gives a newspaperman's view of the Ku Klux Klan and police corruption, Joseph E. Cook tells of the Ku Klux Klan's seizure of city government, Henry W. Toll recounts the Klan's attempt to control state government and courts, Rev. Louis Froman and Rev. William M. Higgins recall Catholic persecution.
- KOA (Radio station : Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
KOA (Denver, Colorado) radio program aired on February 23, 1962.
1 sound cassettes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of James Harlan Davis, 1963.
Audio files digitized through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by James Harlan Davis.
- Cook, Joseph E. -- Interviews.
- Froman, Louis, Reverend -- Interviews.
- Higgins, William M., Reverend -- Interviews.
- Humphreys, Ray M. (Ray Murto), 1893-1973 -- Interviews.
- KOA (Radio station : Denver, Colo.) -- Interviews.
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Colorado -- Interviews.
- Locke, John Galen, 1871-1935 -- Biography.
- Logan, James -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Toll, Henry W. (Henry Wolcott), 1887- -- Interviews.
- White supremacy movements -- Colorado -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the The rise and fall of Dr. John Galen Locke[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script