Samuel B. Harris oral history
Scope and Contents
Talks about his long career with the Denver Fire Department, firefighting vehicles and equipment, big fires in Denver, Colorado.
- Harris, Samuel B.(Samuel Bradner),1884-1978. (Person)
- Poynter, Susan, (Person)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Began working for the Denver Fire Department in 1904, retired in 1934.
2 sound cassettes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Susan Poynter, 1978.
Audio files digitized through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by Susan Poynter.
- Denver (Colo.). Fire Department -- History.
- Fire departments -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fire departments -- Colorado -- Denver -- Officials and employees -- Interviews -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harris, Samuel B. (Samuel Bradner), 1884-1978 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Samuel B. Harris oral history[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script