John B. Clayton oral history
Scope and Contents
Clayton talks about his being drafted, training, and Officer's Candidate School. He talks about his decision to join the 10th Mountain Division. He also discusses his childhood and working his way through art school at Washington University.
- Clayton, John B.,1921-2004. (Person)
- Hyden, David, (Person)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Grew up in Cape Girardeu, Missouri. Attended the School of Fine Arts at Washington University. Served in the 85th Infantry, Company G of the 10th Mountain Division. Wounded in action on April 14, 1945. Died in 2004.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of David Hyden, 1992.
Audio files digitized through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by David Hyden.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Clayton, John B., 1921-2004 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the John B. Clayton oral history[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States