Robert J. Kehm oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Kehm's experiences: bringing mules to the Italy; serving as an MP in Barre; spending three months in Venice on assignment to obtain food for the hotel where soldiers stayed for rest and relaxation.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert J. Kehm was born on November 22, 1923 in Chicago, Ill. and enlisted in the Army on January 22, 1943. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Battery A of the 604th Field Artillery Battalion and also served with Headquarters Company. Kehm was on furlough when the Division unit shipped out from Italy to Camp Swift, Tex. He was assigned to a detachment taking a boatload of mules to Italy. Kehm served at various replacement depots and as a military policeman. He visited the 10th Mountain Division at Undine. Kehm died on October 20, 2003 in Louisville, Ky.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kehm, Robert J., 1923-2003 -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 604th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert J. Kehm oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script