Blossom Merryman oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about John C. Murphy by his daughter, Blossom Merryman: joined the 10th Mountain Division; training at Camp Swift; death at Mt. Belvedere; funeral service held in 1948.
- Check date
- Merryman, Blossom. (Person)
- Merryman, Blossom, (Person)
- Obermark, Karen, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
John C. "Clint" Murphy was born in Mo. in Caruthersville, Mo. in 1919 and enlisted in the Army on May 23, 1944 at Jefferson Barracks, Mo. At the time of enlistment, he was married, had completed four years of high school, and working as a welder. After completing basic training, Murphy joined the 10th Mountain Division on June 12, 1944 at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to italy. He was assigned to Company A, 87th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy at Castel D'Aiano, Murphy was killed in action on March 9, 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Merryman, Blossom -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Murphy, John C., 1919-1945 -- Archival resources.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Blossom Merryman oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States