Richard G. Trier oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Trier's experiences: joining the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Ord, Calif.; being on Riva Ridge and artillery fire at a German out house.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Trier was born in Chicago, Ill. on February 24, 1924 and enlisted in the Army in January 1943. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Ord, Calif. as a member of Company G, 87th Infantry Regiment. Trier served with the Division at Camp Hale, Colo.; Kiska, Alaska; Camp Carson, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; and during combat operations in Italy. He attained the rank of Private First Class and received the Asiatic-Pacific-American Campaign medal, European Campaign medal, Bronze Star medal, WWII Victory and Good Conduct medals. Trier died in Scahumburg, Ill. on July 13, 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fort Ord (Calif.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trier, Richard G., 1924-2011 -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Richard G. Trier oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script