Robert R. Krumm Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 10 loose pages with clippings, and some photographs of Camp Hale (ca.1944); commendations (May 1945).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert R. Krumm was born in Rome, New York on February 4, 1921 and enlisted in the Army on May 25, 1942 in New York City, New York. At the time of his enlistment, he was unmarried, had completed three years of college and working as an actor. He took his basic training at Camp Craft, South Carolina and then transfered to Ft. Benning, Georgia for Officer Candidates School. In December 1942, Krumm was sent to the Mountain Training Center at Pando Junction, Colorado where he was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 86th Infantry Regiment. At various times, he served as a Platoon Leader, Company Commander, Battaltion Operations Officer 5-3 with the Service Company, Headquarters, and Companies C and B all under Henry J. Hampton (1907-1950) until the unit was broken up at Camp Carson, Colo. on November 30, 1945. Krumm received a Bronze Star Medal for his actions near San Benedetto on April 24, 1945 and received a second Bronze Star Medal for his service in the Apennines and Po River Campaigns. He attained the rank of Captain. Robert Krumm died on October 6, 2008 in Lake Walls, Fla.
1 oversize folder
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Robert Krumm; 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Krumm, Robert R., 1921-2008 -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 86h -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert R. Krumm Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 24, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script