George H. Rosenfield oral history
Scope and Contents
This oral history is an interview with George Rosenfield's son, Andrew. Andrew Rosenfield discusses information related to him by his father about the 10th Mountain division: breaking the gothic line leading to the Po Valley from the Apennines. Andrew Rosenfield also mentions a friendship between his father and James Rogers, also a member of 85-E.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
George Herbert Rosenfield was born in Boston, Mass. on October 16, 1925. He studied forestry at Massachusetts State College. Rosenfield was drafted in December 1943 and reported for duty in January 1944. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company E, 2nd Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment. Rosenfield was stationed at Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex., and in Italy. Following the war while in graduate school, Rosenfield joined the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. As a scientist, Rosenfield is known world-wide for his research work in Analytical Photogrammetry and Accuracy Analysis, and has given talks at International Congresses, meetings and symposia in many countries. In 1988 he was invited by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) to teach a 2 week course for Computer Processing of Satellite Digital Imagery. Rosenfield has published more than 85 scientific articles.
1 videodisc (6 minutes) :sound, color ;4 3/4 inches ; +1 videocassette (6 minutes: sound , color ; 1/4 in.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rosenfield, Andrew, -- Interviews.
- Rosenfield, George H. -- Biography.
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the George H. Rosenfield oral history,October 2013
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script