Floyd F. McGee Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence from McGee to his family (1943-1945); photocopies and original photographs of McGee (1943); photocopies of military records (1943-1950); photocopy of letter from Ronald "Lefty" Sirois to Rosiland MacMillon (2003).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Floyd F. McGee was born in Pa. on December 20, 1923 and enlisted in the Army on June 21, 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed 9th grade and working as a skilled welder and flame cutter. McGee joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company C of the 86h Infantry Regiment. He transferred with his company to Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy where he was wounded in action at Iola on March 3, 1945. McGee attained the rank of Private First Class. He died in Warrendale, Pa. on January 18, 1972.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Rosiland MacMillon, 2003.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- McGee, Floyd F., Jr., 1923-1972 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Xerographic copies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script