Robert J. Jardine oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Jardine's experiences as a skier during high school in Calif. and joining the 10th Mountain Division with letters of recommendation; training and leisure time in Camp Hale, Colo.; being wounded on Riva Ridge and transfer to a hospital for surgery; recovery time until the end of the war; going to Glacier School in Austria after the war; influences on his life.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert J. Jardine was born on October 27, 1924 in Contra Costa, Calif. and enlisted in the Army on May 27, 1943 at San Francisco, Calif. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school, and working in the printing and publishing industry. Jardine joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company E of the 90th Infantry Regiment, later with Headquarters Company, and Company A of the 86th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy, he was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions near Gualandi on March 5, 1945, and was wounded in action on Riva Ridge on March 6, 1945. Jardine attained the rank of Sargeant.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jardine, Robert J., 1924- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert J. Jardine oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script