2003 10th Mountain Division reunion records
Identifier: C MSS TMD279
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 26 DVCassette video tapes, 1 VHS video tape, 1 DVD recorded during the 10th Mountain Division Reunion in Italy, May 2003. The video tapes document the various activities and ceremonies held during the reunion as well as interviews with or about the following members of the Division: Hugh Evans, Albert Fernandes-Patridge, Robert Chester, Eugene Giannobile, Samuel Meiselman, Thomas Mooney, Herbert Schneider, Richard Trier, James Rogers, Bob Harris, Elwood Sims, John Woodward, Carroll Provost, Gerald Nash, Dillon Snell, Bob Carlson, Harold Lumm, Harris Dusenbery, Stan Heidenreich, Abner Schwartz, Maurice Murphy, Berkley Ellis, Peter Austin, Edmund Barys, Robert Yank, William Spiers, Milton Soucek, James Bray, Robert Kehm, Ken Stayton, Clark Hitt, Weldon Chase, Cruz Rios, Charles Murphy.
- Check date
- Kealy, Abbie, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The 10th Mountain Division, a full division of the US Army, specializing in mountain and winter warfare, trained at Camp Hale, Colo., during WWII. Experienced in skiing, mountaineering, and cold-weather survival as well as military tactics, the soldiers fought enemy forces in the Italian Campaign of 1945. Dubbed the "ski troops" by the press, the 10th Mountain Division remains the only military division recruited by a civilian organization, the National Ski Patrol. Many veterans of the 10th contributed greatly to the development of the recreational ski industry in the US and to the growth of related fields such as outdoor equipment development, and nature conservation.
1 Audiovisual box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Administrative records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Meetings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Reunions -- Missouri -- Saint Louis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kealy, Abbie, (Person)
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. (Organization)
- Finding Aid for the 2003 10th Mountain Division reunion records,2003[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script