Robert W. Yank oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Yank's experiences: crossing Lake Garda on a DUKW and staying Mussolini's villa; close call on Hill 913 and how received the Bronze Star medal; being a ski and rock climbing instructor at Camp Hale, Colo.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert W. Yank was born on May 14, 1924 in Shasta, Calif. and enlisted in the Army at Berkeley, Calif. on December 15, 1942. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed one year of college. Yank joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company D of the 86th Infantry Regiment, and also served with Company K of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He later served at Camp Swift, Tex. and Italy. During combat operations at Monteforte, he was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions on March 8, 1945. Yank attained the rank of Technical Sargeant.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Robert Yank ;2004.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Yank, Robert W., 1924-2012 -- Interviews
- Finding Aid for the Robert W. Yank oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script