Robert D. Carlson oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Carlson's experiences: prior to the war, being a member of the National Ski Patrol; training at Camp Hale and getting into trouble for making a "wise crack"; quality of the members of the Division; how climbing skills contributed to the taking of Riva Ridge; time in Italy, Switzerland, Austrian border, and attending glacier climbing school in Austria after the war.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert E. "Bob" Carlson was born in Denver, Colo. on December 6, 1924 and enlisted in the Army on June 25, 1943. At the time of his enlistment Carlson had completed high school. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company L of the 86th Infantry Regiment. Carlson also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy where he received the Bronze Star medal.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carlson, Robert E., 1924- -- Interviews.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert D. Carlson oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script