Kenneth L. Stayton oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Stayton's experiences: being a Army reservist and being called into action at Mt. Belvedere; meeting a young German officer in a fox hole; walking from the mountains to the Po Valley; Italian nationals providing wine; mules arriving at Camp Swift, Tex.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Kenneth L. Stayton was born on June 7, 1923 in Eureka, Calif. and enlisted in the Army on May 2, 1944 at Monterey, Calif. At the time of his enlistment he was married, had completed four years of high school and working in a saw mill. Stayton joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex. where he was assigned to Company L of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy, he received the Bronze Star medal for this actions near Mount Mosca on April 16, 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stayton, Kenneth L., 1923- -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Kenneth L. Stayton oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script