Seymour Z. Cohen oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Cohen's experiences: being part of a veterinary detachment; guard duty where sheep were mistaken for German soldiers; having little experiences with weapons; care of mules in Italy; comparison of current Army with the Infantry of 1945 as concerns technology and training.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Seymour Cohen was born in Poland on April 6, 1922 and enlisted in the Army on October 6, 1942 at Newark, N.J. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working at a lab technician. Cohen was initially stationed at Camp Carson, Colo. before moving to Camp Hale, Colo. as a member of the 616th Field Artillery Battalion (Pack). He was initially assigned to Company C, then Battalion Headquarters, before finally joining Battery A as a veterinarian technician. Cohen was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and Italy. He was discharged at Camp Crowder, Miss. on December 13, 1945.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;William G. Goodge;2008.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cohen, Seymour Z., 1922- -- Interviews.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mules -- War use -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion (Pack), 616th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Seymour Z. Cohen oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script