Robert R. Krumm oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Krumm's experiences: (DVD1) being a football player, but not a skier while at Dartmouth College; officer's training at Ft. Benning; working closely with Lieutenant Colonel Henry J. "Hank" Hampton; strategy for Riva Ridge; Sand Table developed by Wilson Ware; (DVD2) wartime and the quality of soldiers; Mt. Belvedere operations; climbing and the tunnels in Italy; (DVD3) important of artillery; role of mules; World Trade Center disaster and 9-11.
- Check date
- Krumm, Robert R,1921-2008. (Person)
- Krumm, Robert R, 1921-2008, (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert R. Krumm was born in Rome, N.Y. on February 4, 1921 and enlisted in the Army on May 25, 1942 in New York City, N.Y. At the time of his enlistment, he was unmarried, had completed three years of college and working as an actor. He took his basic training at Camp Craft, S.C. and then transfered to Ft. Benning, Ga. for Officer Candidates School. In December 1942, Krumm was sent to the Mountain Training Center at Pando Junction, Colo. where he was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 86th Infantry Regiment. At various times, he served as a Platoon Leader, Company Commander, Battaltion Operations Officer 5-3 with the Service Company, Headquarters, and Companies C and B all under Henry J. Hampton (1907-1950) until the unit was broken up at Camp Carson, Colo. on November 30, 1945. Krumm received a Bronze Star Medal for his actions near San Benedetto on April 24, 1945 and received a second Bronze Star Medal for his service in the Apennines and Po River Campaigns. He attained the rank of Captain. Robert Krumm died on October 6, 2008 in Lake Walls, Fla.
3 videodiscs (129 min.) :sd., col. ;4 3/4 in. + 1 envelope
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hampton, Henry J., 1907-1950. -- Archival resources.
- Krumm, Robert R, 1921-2008 -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert R. Krumm oral history,2005[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script