Henry J. Hampton Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes correspondence, military papers, copy of handwritten story about World War II, copies of photos from the 1940s of Hampton, photographic copy of V-Mail.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Henry J. Hampton was a Lt. Colonel in the 86th Infantry Regiment of the 10th Mountain Division. He served in Fort Lewis, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, Camp Carson and in Italy. He received the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and the Legion of Merit Award for his distinguished and meritorious service. Following the War, Hampton commanded the 38th Regimental Combat Team at the Mountain and Winter Warfare Training Center at Camp Carson, Colorado. Hampton was killed in action in 1950 during the Korean War.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Myrna Hampton; 2005, 2006, 2009.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Hampton, Henry J., 1907-1950 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Henry J. Hampton Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 7, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script