Morrel J. Clute Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains original monthly reports from Clute to the commander of the 87th Infantry Regiment describing Red Cross services provided to the regiment from December 1944-June 1945 (12 pages); original and photocopies of original correspondence from Clute to his family from January-May 1945 (45 pages).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Morrel Clute was born in Clare, Michigan September 5, 1912, the son of Elmer and Pearl Clute. He was a public school teacher before being assigned to the 10th Mountain Division as Red Cross Field Director for the 87th Regiment. Clute served as Red Cross Director for the 87th Infantry Regiment in Italy during World War II, though he was not actually a member of the Army. He returned to public school teaching after the war. He was later appointed professor emeritus at Wayne State University in Detroit. He retired in 1991 and passed away December 30, 1995 in Oakland, Michigan.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Morrel J. Clute; 1993.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- American Red Cross -- War work.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clute, Morrel J., 1912-1995 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Monthly reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morrel J. Clute Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 25, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script