Denver Tramway Company collodion prints
Scope and Contents
Views of streets, intersections, businesses, parks, buildings and landmarks in Denver, Colorado. Many of the photos show Denver Tramway Company cars, substations, car barns, equipment, and employees. Included are the Brown Palace Hotel, Morse Brothers Machinery and Supply Company, City Park Pavilion and bandstand, Robert Burns statue, Colorado State Capitol, Arapahoe County Courthouse, Leyden Coal Mine, South Broadway Station, Clear Creek Junction, East Colfax Substation, Manattan Beach at Sloan Lake, Central Power Station, Alcott School, a funeral car, panorama of Denver, Elitch Gardens entrance, and the Savoy Hotel.
- ca 1905
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 album (60 images);35 x 30 cm.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Photographs range in size from 25 x 23 cm. (10 x 9 in.) to 30 x 22 cm. (11 1/2 x 8 1/2 in.)
Collection represents work of various photographers including Smith-Hassel and Paul Balsinger and Company.
Album pages are housed in photo box. Most of the photographs are mounted on black paper album pages, which have been removed from the cover.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver (Colo.) -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver Tramway Company (Denver, Colo.) -- Photographs.
- Denver Tramway Corporation (Denver, Colo.) -- Photographs.
- Electric railroads -- Cars -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Street-railroads -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Streets -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Denver Tramway Company collodion prints[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script