Paul Albright photograph collection
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 5 8x10" and 5 4x5" black-and-white prints documenting staff, students and activities at the Department of Photographic Training, Lowry Air Force Base (1949-1953); additional images of the "Face on the Barroom Floor", Teller House, Central City, Colo.; and Grant Smelter demolition, Denver, Colo. (February 25, 1950) are included.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Paul Lester Albright was born in Ill. on April 28, 1901. The family lived in Jasper County, Mo. before moving to Ft. Collins, Colo. Between 1919-1922, he served with the overseas U.S. military in the Philippine Islands. Albright later worked as a civilian instructor with the Department of Photographic Training, Lowry Air Force Base, Denver, Colo. during the 1950s. He died on April 10, 1970 and is buried in Roselawn Cemetery, Fort Collins, Colo.
1 photo envelope
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Paul L. Albright, Jr. ;2011.
Title from inventory. For a complete list of photographic prints and photographs see inventory sheet.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Physical condition: photographic prints housed in photo envelope and are in good conidtion.
- Albright, Paul L. (Paul Lester), 1901-1970. -- Pictorial works.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Industrial chimneys -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lowry Air Force Base (Colo.). 3415th Techinical Training Wing -- Photographs.
- Lowry Air Force Base (Colo.). Department of Photographic Training -- 20th century -- Photographs.
- Omaha & Grant Smelting & Refining Company (Denver, Colo.) -- 20th century -- Photographs.
- Soldiers -- Training -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wrecking -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Paul Albright photograph collection,1949-1953
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script