Diary of an Overland Journey to Colorado
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a daily logbook written by a man (from Linneus, Mo.?) traveling in a party by wagon train from St. Joseph, Mo. to Denver, Colo. via the South Platte route in 1863 ; typed transcript (partly in summary form).
- May 22-June 16, 1863
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Fred Rosenstock, 1963.
Formerly cataloged under RBV34.
Handwriting of some entries minuscule and difficult to read.
- Colorado -- Description and travel. -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Nebraska -- Description and travel -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Travel literature Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script