John E. Fitzgerald Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copies of Fitzgerald's memoir: Memoirs of a Ski-Trooper, 1942-1945 (1995), as well as a copy of: Italian Journal - 1982 (1982) by Jean Fitzgerald.
- 1982, 1995
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John E. Fitzgerald was born in Wellingford, Connecticut May 7, 1918. He completed four years of high school and was working as a draftsman when he enlisted in the Army February 10, 1942 at Fort Devens, Massachusetts. He served with the 10th Mountain Division as a member of the 87th Infantry Regiment, Company I. During the Italian campaign, Fitzgerald was wounded in action and received the Bronze Star Medal during fighting around the town of Pietra Colora March 3, 1945. Fitzgerald passed away June 8, 2000. In Norwalk, Connecticut.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Jean Fitzgerald; 2000.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fitzgerald, John E., 1918-2000 -- Archives.
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John E. Fitzgerald Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 21, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script