10th Mountain Training Group meeting oral history
Scope and Contents
Recording of a group meeting of former soldiers who served in the 10th Mountain Division. Speakers include: Don Boswick, Fred Smith, John Bradley, Nate Morrell, Steve Knowlton, and Georgianna Contigulia. There are other speakers on the tape but they are not clearly identified. Subjects include: ski races, a wedding, the Aspen ski museum, mule stories, stories about troops and people, and talk about videos and films that we made, or were in the process of being made about the division. May be a formal or an informal meeting of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division?
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Mountain Training Group was formed at Camp Hale, Colo. on October 26, 1943. This group was responsible for providing mountaineering training to the men that would make up the 10th Mountain Division. In December 1943, a Mountain Training Group detachment was sent to Italy to give instruction in rock climbing at the British Mountain Warfare School.
1 sound cassettes
Other Finding Aids
Typed notes available.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Audio tape labeled as: Mountain Training Group, and 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Oral History Interviews.
Index identified as: Proceedings of Association Meeting.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- History.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. Mountain Training Group -- History.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the 10th Mountain Training Group meeting oral history,April 9, 1992
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script