Raymond C. Richardson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copies of letter (1943) detailing the friendly fire shooting of Coporal Jack Ingstrom on Kiska Island; copy of Silver Star Medal order (1945); photograph of Jack Ingstrom's helmet (1945).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Raymond C. Richardson was born on April 19, 1914 in Kan. and enlisted in the Army on December 14, 1942 at Tulsa, Okla. At the time of his enlistment, he was married to Meda Richardson and working as a file clerk for an oil and gas pipeline company. Richardson joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company E of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment. He was also stationed at Camp Ord, Calif. and participated in the Kiska Island campaign in 1943. Richardson served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. He received the Silver Star Medal for his actions at Mt. Serra on April 17, 1945 and attained the rank of Private First Class. Richardson died in Lyons, Kan. on May 22, 1997.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Raymond C. Richardson, 1991.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Kiska Island (Alaska) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Richardson, Raymond C., 1914-1997 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script