Jack Blue Theatrical Agency Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains company correspondence (1939-1959), event photographs (n.d.), licenses (1936-1939), Pantages Theatre Programs, 1924-1925, Vancouver, B.C. (n.d.); programs (1937-1983), clippings (1937-1970), Glenn W. Frazee Shriner records (1952), ephemera.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Glenn W. Frazee was born in Coaldale, Colorado on August 5, 1905. Known professionally as "Jack Blue" He founded a theatrical booking agency known initially as Blue & Samuels Theatrical Agency (ca.1936). Agency name later changed to Jack Blue Circuit (1936), Jack Blue Agency (1950s), and finally Jack Blue Productions (1960s). The company booked theatrical performers for local and regional shows and continued in operation until at least 1983. Glenn Frazee married Marian Ferguson (1910-1976) on November 18, 1930 in New York City, N.Y. He served with the Army Air Corps during WWII, and later received a pilot's license. Glenn Frazee died on May 9, 1988 in Englewood, Colo.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Bob Frazee; 2013. Gift; Jacque Frazzini; 2013
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frazee, Glenn W., 1905-1976 -- Archives.
- Jack Blue Agency (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Jack Blue Circuit (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Jack Blue Productions (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Theatrical agencies -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jack Blue Theatrical Agency Records
- Keli Schmid
- February 18, 2022
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script