Jackson Baker Roynon Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains German and Austrian propaganda leaflets and materials used in Italy during WWII (1944, n.d.); envelope for Ostmedaille a.k.a. Eastern Front medal (1941/42).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jackson Baker Roynon was born on November 9, 1907 in Chicago, Ill. and enlisted in the Army on August 28, 1943. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed two years of college at the University of Wisconsin. Roynon joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company B, later with Headquarters Company of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy where he attained the rank of Technician Grade 5. Roynon died in Chicago, Ill. on October 2, 1974.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Martha Hood Roynan, 1991.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Leaflets (printed works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Propaganda Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Roynon, Jackson B. (Jackson Baker), 1907-1974 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Propaganda. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script