Ernest C. Plotecher Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains original correspondence between Plotecher and his family (1945); copy of honorable discharge papers (1945); copy of correspondence (2001), recollections of combat patrol by Bob Woody (2001).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ernest Chester Plotecher was born on July 16, 1917 in Loretto, Mich. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed two years of college at the Alverno College of Music and working as a Manager of Guest Relations at the Pabst Brewing Company in Milwaukee, Wis. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company C of the 85th Infantry Regiment. Plotecher also served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. He earned a Bronze Star Medal and was wounded at Mt. San Michele on April 19, 1945. Plotecher attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. He died on January 3, 2014 in Brookfield, WIs.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ernest C. Plotecher, 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Plotecher, Ernest C., 1917-2014 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script