Our Lady of Guadalupe Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies and transcripts of church reports and documents; correspondence from Most Reverend Joseph Projectus Machebeuf (first Bishop of Colorado), John B. Lamy (first Bishop of Santa Fe, New Mexico), and John Baptist Salpoint (second Bishop of Santa Fe); microfilm reel contains baptismal records 1860-1861.
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Our Lady of Guadaloupe Parish Church (Conejos, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Spanish, English and French.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 box (.25 linear feet)
1 microfilm reel
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Unknown, undated.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Originals in Church files.
- Baptismal records -- Colorado -- Conejos -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic Church -- Colorado -- Conejos -- History.
- Church records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Church records and registers -- Colorado -- Conejos -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lamy, John Baptist, 1814-1888 -- Correspondence.
- Machebeuf, Joseph Projectus, 1812-1889 -- Correspondence.
- Our Lady of Guadaloupe Parish Church (Conejos, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Salpointe, John Baptist, 1825-1898 -- Correspondence.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States