Edward T. Burda oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Burda's experiences: most memorable experiences during WWII; how combat affected him; friendships he developed through the 10th Mountain Division.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Edward T. Burda was born in Ill. in 1923 and enlisted in the Army on November 10, 1942 at Winona, Minn. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed four years of high school. Burda joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company C of the 87th Mountain Infantry Division. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Burda received the Bronze Star medal for his actions at Mongiorgio on April 19, 1945.
1 videodiscs (DVD)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Burda, Edward T., 1923- -- Interviews.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Edward T. Burda oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script