A. Thompson diary
Identifier: C MSS -M1632
Scope and Contents
Diary of a trip from Mount Pleasant, Iowa to Montana via New York, the Isthmus, San Francisco, Portland, and the Columbia River; also return trip via Nicaragua. Describes conditions locating and building the wagon road.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Member of a Government road party locating a wagon road from the head of navigation on the Columbia to the Missouri River, the "Lewiston and Virginia City Wagon Road".
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Fred Rosenstock,Denver, Colo.,purchase,1975.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Roads -- Design and construction -- Northwest, Pacific. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Voyages to the Pacific coast. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the A. Thompson diary,1866 Mar. 5-Nov. 30[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script