10th Mountain Division Reunion Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 2 VHS video cassettes documenting events held during the national reunion in Sun Valley, Idaho in 1995. Includes interviews with attendees: Clint Andavall, Kenneth Anderson, James Baese, Reamer Bolz, Benjamin Bush, Ronald Capelle, Harrison Coleman, Richard Cooper, Pierre Delfausse, Adrian Durant Jr., Robert Frauson, Richard R. French, George Fuge, Peter Geranimo, Paul Gunderman, Harold Harten, Ervin Huckbody, Wallace Huston Jr., Robert Krear, James Lunn, Forbes Mack, Gordon McWade, Neal McKinstry, Joesph Melinkovich, Nathan Morrell, Gilbert Rey, Percy Rideout, Robert Roddick, Dillon Snell, Thomas Steward, Hans Thompson, John Uhlarik, Jim Van Nostrand, Wilber Vaughan, Charles Webb, Norman Worley, William Wright, Robert Yank.
Note: Interviews vary in time from 2 to 10 min. Each veteran was asked to tell of a memorable experience.
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The 10th Mountain Division, a full division of the United States Army, specializing in mountain and winter warfare, trained at Camp Hale, Colorado, during World War II. Experienced in skiing, mountaineering and cold-weather survival as well as military tactics, the soldiers fought enemy forces in the Italian Campaign of 1945. Dubbed the "ski troops" by the press, the 10th Mountain Division remains the only military division recruited by a civilian organization, the National Ski Patrol. Many 10th veterans contributed greatly to the development of the recreational ski industry in the United States and to the growth of related fields such as outdoor equipment development and nature conservation.
The National Association of the 10th Mountain Division has sponsored national reunions for the World War II veterans of the 10th Mountain Division approximately every three years since 1959. This Collection documents a reunion held in Sun Valley, Idaho in 1995.
1 Audiovisual box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Meetings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Reunions -- Idaho -- Sun Valley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- VHS Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- 10th Mountain Division Reunion Records
- Keli Schmid
- July 16, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script