George S. Sisneros Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copy of correspondence (1945); copy of letter from Rosemary to George Sisneros (1995); postcard of Italy and newspaper clippings (1945); copy of Order of Erwin Conklin (1945).
- 1945, 1995
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George S. Sisneros was born in N.M. on May 21, 1918 and enlisted in the Army on July 10, 1941 at Santa Fe, N.M. At the time of his enlistment, he was unmarried, had completed 2 years of college, and working as a farm hand. Sisneros joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Headquarters of the 85th Infantry Regiment, later transferred to Headquarters of the 604th Field Artillery Battalion (Pack). He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Sisneros was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions near Mount della Torraccia on February 23, 1945, and attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. He died on October 13, 2010 in Tinnie, N.M.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, George Sisneros, 2007.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sisneros, George S., 1918-2010 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script